Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Boonie Dogs

 
So the cute little guy above seems harmless right?  For the most part he is.  That is a picture of what 90% of the Boonie Dogs on Guam look like.  Bonnie Dogs are the strays of Guam.  Well I shouldn't say that because many people adopt them to be gaurd dogs.  They are the dogs that roam freely, breeding with whatever is in heat, and then nipping at the ankles and scaring the crap out of Guam runners.  
We have a house down the street from ours (about 75% of the way into my runs) and there are 13... YES 13... boonie dogs that hang there!  Most BD's you can yell at and intimidate as you run and they will back off and bark from a distance.  But many of them are very vicious and violent!  The 13 dog house has several that if they weren't behind a fence they would eat my intestines out of my body.  I get so bored running on a treadmill and I feel like it isn't as good of exercise because there are no hills, but I'm not willing to risk my ankles and shoes!
So I continue to drive the 2.5 miles to the gym to get myself on the treadmill just to avoid those dang mutts!
Today I hate the BOONIE DOG! 
Oh yeah - 9 more days until my race!  I'm scared but also starting to get excited.  They other day my program (couch potato to 10K) said that I was to run 2.25 mile.  I normally am counting every tenth of a mile wanting to die the entire time.  But this time I was on the treadmill and I looked down at my distance and I was 2.24 and I had no idea!  I could've gone further for sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment